Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Snowy Beginning

I hesitate to think that we are establishing a tradition, but once again this year the beginning of our trip to Ecuador is marked by snow. Here in central Denver it is coming down fast and furious: absolutely lovely. It is hard to imagine that tomorrow night we will be at the Equator and on Friday in the jungle.

I am looking forward to a wonderful and productive period of research and learning in Mondana, Ecuador with five skilled and enthusiastic students.

3 comments:

Andy D. said...

Hi Jean and everyone. It has snowed here again a couple of times since you left. I hope you are enjoying the heat! I'm missing the platano, yuca tilapia, coffee and cacao, as well as the innumerable fruit and other goodies of the region. Post more info when you are able, and enjoy a cool (if not cold) Pilsener for me. I look forward to hearing of your research and wish you the best. -Andy

John said...

Saludos de La Paz, Bolivia, 12-31-07
I recall with fondness our new years celebration in 2006-2007 with warm beer and the nastiest fire water available. Enjoy the warmth of the rain forest while others of us shiver in the cold...John

Diane said...

Hey, Jennifer. I assume you made it there safely and are having a fab time. Still coooollllld here much of the time with snow intermittently. Mer loved the peacock picture - thanks again. I meant to tell you when we dropped by last week that my cousin's Guatemalan nonprofit, Ixtatan Foundation, held its first high school graduation this past year and sent pictures of the very somber event. Obviously, it was a huge deal for those kids to graduate from high school. Hope it helps them improve their personal and greater world. Look forward to hearing about this fabulous adventure! Diane